Organized before 1876, holding services in schoolhouse until building site was given by W. F. and Jennie Mitchell and J. F. and Martha Prewitt. A small red rock meeting house was built, serving until wrecked by tropical storm in 1886. In 1891, during pastorate of the Rev. A. J. King, the members built a frame structure, which in turn was wrecked by a storm in 1942. Out of the ruins, third building was constructed in 1943.
Fairview congregation merged with Floresville church in 1955. Memorial services are held each year at Fairview Cemetery.