The Rev. C. W. Perkins (1853-1942) organized this congregation in 1904 with 7 charter members. Early services were conducted in temporary quarters including the railroad depot and the 1905 frame schoolhouse, shared by all denominations. In 1906 the Methodists erected their first church building on land donated by Edward C. Lasater (1860-1930), founder of Falfurrias. Damaged by hurricanes in 1916 and 1919 and remodeled in 1935, the frame structure was replaced in 1950 by the present edifice.