The first school for the Golly Hollow community was erected in a low lying area west of this site. In 1884 Theresa Hubers-Burger donated an acre of land so that this structure could be built on higher ground. The school was named for pioneer Antone Golly, who died in 1884. Golly Hollow became part of the public school system about 1893, and the building was enlarged before 1906. Classes were held here until 1946, when this school consolidated with Arneckeville. In 1952 the former schoolhouse became a community center.