This rural community traces its roots to the 1840s, when the first wagon train of settlers arrived in the area. The pioneer families built their homes out of the abundant timber available to them and began meeting for worship in a one-room log structure. Hebron Missionary Baptist Church was formally organized in 1855 and remains a focal point of the surrounding agricultural area. The community cemetery, first used in 1867, contains the graves of many pioneers, former pastors, and war veterans. Hebron was the site of an area school until the early 20th century.