After Eagle Lake was laid out inthe 1850s, Gamaliel good built a Hotel on this corner. The Good Hotel served as a stagecoach and railroad stop. Three railroads crossed town, and commerce was heavy. By 1912 the economy had become dependent on Rice Farming and this structure was built. The Dallas Hotel was the social and business center for the town. Several hotels competed for the travelers' and drummers' business. With the decline of the railroad and the upserge in Automobiles, business decreased. This is the only one left the historic hotels.