Kicaster Community

Texas Historical Marker - Kicaster Community

Texas Historical Marker

Map This Site!

The families of Isaac Crow, R. T. Spivey, Dr. W. R. Callaway, T. P. Camp, J. E. Watkins, Isom Ferguson, L. B. Pittman, and others began a farming settlement here in the 1860s. John James donated land for a schoolhouse (1872), where church services were also held. A. C. and Mary Anderson in 1887 gave more land for public use. Easterling Post Office, opened in 1887, was soon renamed Kicaster for nearby creek, but closed in 1906. The school was phased out in 1940, and the churches moved away. Kicaster Cemetery, in use since the 1870s, now marks the site of the community. (1975)

Home    South Texas History    Previous Page
Bookmark and Share
Copyright © Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved