Current Edinburg Weather


Texas Historical Marker - Lasara

Texas Historical Marker

Map This Site!

Formed out of the San Juan Carricitos Spanish land grant, the townsite of Lasara was developed in 1926 by W. A. Harding and Lamar Gill. The names of their wives, Laura Harding and Sara Gill, were combined to form the name of the town. During 1926, a post office was established, a Union Sunday School was organized, and the schoolhouse at this site was begun. Lasara School long has played an important role as a social center for community activities. The town, once a center for cattle shipping, continues to be a focal point for the surrounding rural area. (1985)

Home    South Texas History    Previous Page
Bookmark and Share
Copyright © Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved