Organized in 1906 as the Evangelical Association, this congregation began with nineteen charter members. The Rev. George W. Causey served as first pastor. A sanctuary and parsonage were dedicated in 1907. After a division within the association, the two factions reunited in 1922 as the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1946, and as Lissie United Methodist Church in 1968. The church continues to serve the people of Lissie and the surrounding community.