Originally the German Methodist Episcopal Church, North, of Needville, this congregation traces its history to 1892. The Rev. Jacob Ott, a pioneer Methodist missionary, founded the church. Early worship services were held in private homes. The congregation purchased five acres of land near Needville in 1896 and built its first sanctuary the following year. In 1927 they moved to Needville and built the present sanctuary. Church services and records were in the German language until the 1930s. The name was changed to Needville United Methodist Church in 1968.