Established in 1867 by Father Claude Jaillet, St. Francis de Paula Catholic Church was built through the contributions of its members and was the center of religious activity in the area. Father Jaillet served until 1872, and returned again from 1875-1884. This church was constructed in 1908 during the pastorate of Father Pedro Bard. The church was enlarged and remodeled and Parochial Hall was added by 1950. The church celebrated 100 years of service to its members and the surrounding communities in 1967, and continues to serve the area.