Organized 1913, with 189 city blocks laid off along San Antonio, Uvalde & Gulf Railroad. Structures built included depot, store-post office, schoolhouse, hotel. A water well was drilled. War and the 1917 drouth stifled growth. Few lots were sold; land ownership was retained by founders.
Founders were C. A. Nelson, Howard Bland and R. B. Pumphrey, owners of Zella Townsite Company.