Constructed in 1870, the Victoria Grist Windmill is probably the last remaining windmill of European design in the American Southwest. Standing 35 feet high and supporting four blades, the Dutch-style windmill was constructed by German immigrant Fred Meiss. The grinding stones were made in Norway and shipped through the port of Indianola (abandoned after its destruction by hurricanes in the 1880s). The walls of the mill are constructed of log.
In 1935 the Victoria Grist Windmill was moved from its earlier location (west of Victoria) to Memorial Park.