Hidalgo County Bank and Trust Company
Texas Historical Marker
 

The oldest Hidalgo County bank still in operation, this institution opened in 1907 in a frame house on Third Street. Incorporators of the firm were area leaders J. M. Johnson, Sr. , who served as the first president, his son J. M. Johnson, Jr. , William M. Price and S. P. Silver, all of Mercedes; John Closner of Hidalgo; and Walter A. McNeil of Santa Maria. Sound leadership helped the Hidalgo County Bank and Trust Company survive the economic depression of the 1930s and to become a leader in the development of the Rio Grande Valley area. (1982)

 
Copyright 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved