Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery
Texas Historical Marker
 

This cemetery was established in 1913 on land give by the American Rio Grande Land and Irrigation Company to Immanuel Lutheran Church. The cemetery has served Lutherans throughout the Rio Grande Valley. The oldest grave is that of Wilhelm Schumacher, who died in 1911 and was reinterred here from his family farm when the cemetery was established. Gravestones bear the names of many German, Norwegian, Finnish, and Russian settlers who immigrated to this area from the U. S. Midwest, as well as Hispanic names. (1988)

 
Copyright 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved