Located in the old Southern Pacific Depot building constructed in 1928. A magnificent example of Spanish colonial revival architecture, the building is a Texas Historical Marker and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Museum opened in 1986 and houses a variety of exhibits that interpret events from Brownsville's past. Exhibits include data from the earliest military fort in our area to the arrival of French teaching nuns to displays of agricultural and ranching tools & much more.
Open Tues-Fri 10-4 and Sat 10-2