Prominent ranchers, merchants, and civic leaders Edward John and Ann Elizabeth (Holt) Kilbride built this classical revival style house in 1910-11. The house is a good example of large scale residential properties built in the early 20th century. Its elaborate rear porch design resulted from its proximity to the bay. The Kilbrides' daughter, Margaret Kilbride Barkley, inherited the house in 1939. The site of many social events, the house remained in the Barkley family until 1992.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994