Built 1909 for A. B. Pierce, who with father cofounded town of blessing in 1902.
Pierce was a veteran of the Spanish-American War. He and wife, Adelaide, had four sons. Home was gathering place for area civic leaders. The Rt. Rev. C. S. Quin, Episcopal Bishop, Diocese of Texas, often visited here. Mrs. Pierce was co-organizer and first president, Matagorda county federation of women's clubs -- founded in this home, 1916.