Erected in 1928, this structure replaced a frame community building at this site. City founder Ed Couch (1879-1944) and Mayor David E. Kirgan (1877-1936) led ceremonies marking the building's completion. Prominent Weslaco architect R. Newell Waters designed the City Hall with Spanish colonial style detailing. Intricate cast stone sculpture adorns the entryway and cupola. Spanish tiles with colorful geometric patterns decorate the interior stairway.