This church, organized by The Rev. Hiram Chamberlain and 19 charter members in 1850, is Brownsville's oldest Presbyterian congregation. Services were held on a river boat and in several sanctuaries before this structure was built by the San Antonio construction company in 1927. A well-preserved example of a 20th Century Gothic Revival sanctuary, it features cast stone detailing, Gothic arches and windows, and irregularly arranged tower and bays. The congregation continues to serve the area.