This building, originally located on "F" Street, housed the first hospital in Harlingen. The institution was started by local businesswoman Ida Gilbert and Marie Yeager, a nurse. Built in 1923, the structure was comprised of an original center section with two buildings added as wings. The 7-bed facility closed four years later after the opening of the Valley Baptist Hospital. The structure, later used as a rooming house and private residence, was moved here in 1978.