Thought to have been built about 1898, this two-story brick structure has served as an educational facility for generations. The first recorded graduation took place in 1922, with a class of three. The school housed students in elementary grades until 1960. Various rooms of the old building were used for offices until 1980, and in 1984 renovation began to convert it into central administrative offices. The old school has also served the community as a place of refuge from hurricanes and floods and as the site of many social activities.