This structure was completed in 1911 by the Pharr Townsite Company, operated by John C. Kelly (1862-1937), a co-founder of Pharr. It housed the first bank, the post office, a confectionary, a drugstore, and the first irrigation and canal company. The building became the first City Hall in 1916, when Pharr was incorporated. Due to a shortage of policemen during the depression, an electric light was placed on top of the building to alert officers to trouble. When the city government moved in 1951, the Old Pharr City Hall housed businesses and offices and was used for civic meetings.