Located on the Hidalgo-Willacy County Line, Stockholm was a Swedish community promoted by the Wallin, Johnson & Matson Land Co. of Minnesota. The Swedes, who settled here between 1912 and 1914, were attracted by the area's abundance of inexpensive, fertile farmland. They formed a farm club to share information and problems, and raised cotton, grain, and corn. Some were dairy farmers. Stockholm, also known as Turner Tract, had churches, a school, grocery store, and cotton gin. Near this site is the Stockholm Cemetery, one of the few physical reminders of the ghost town.