Edward D. Sidbury (1838-1881), a native of North Carolina, migrated to Corpus Christi in 1867. Soon after his arrival, he opened a lumber business. He later built a commercial wharf at the end of coopers alley, served by a line of the Texas-Mexican railroad. Sidbury constructed this greek revival residence prior to 1875, when he married Charlotte (Cook) Scott (1830-1904), the widow of rancher John Wesley Scott (d. 1867). It was originally located on north Carancahua Street in the bluff addition to the city.
Charlotte continued to live in the house following Sidbury's death in 1881. She took over management of the family lumber company and later became a prominent business and civic leader of Corpus Christi. In 1904 the home was inherited by her grandson Rayburn Savage. He lived in the residence with his family until his death in 1941. Five years later his wife Alice (Ricklefsen) (d. 1949) had it moved to this location, part of the old irishtown neighborhood. The property was the site of her parents' house, which was destroyed by the 1919 hurricane. Additions and interior alterations to the home were made by later owners in order to provide a larger living area.